Exercise: Alternating Dumbbell Curl
Target Muscles: Biceps, Forearms
Load: 10lb Dumbbell
Reps: 50 (25 on each side)
– Stand with your feet hip-width apart
– Maintain a neutral spine and knees unlock
– Hold the dumbbell at arms length.
– Elbows should be close to your body
– Palms of your hand should be facing your thighs
– While holding the upper arm still, curl the right weight as you rotate the palm of your hand facing your shoulder
– Continue contracting the biceps as you breathe out until your biceps is fully contracted and the dumbbell is at your shoulder level
– Bring the dumbbell back to the starting position as you breathe in
– Repeat the movement with the left hand
* Only the forearms should move
* Remember to twist the palms back to the starting position (facing your thighs) as you come down.